Elon Musk wants technology to be more embraced with regards to green energy production.A man who took tesla to a new height in the contribution towards renewable energy. If he can why not we ? right ? We have resources to make our home smart home by using energy saving and efficient power products. In this article we are going to help you out how to make optimized home with respect to power distribution. So lets start
- Solar panels: Solar panels convert sunlight into electricity, which can be used to power your home or be sent back to the grid for credits on your energy bill.
- Wind turbines: Wind turbines harness the power of the wind to generate electricity. They can be installed on homes and properties with enough space and wind exposure.
- Geothermal heat pumps: Geothermal heat pumps use the constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool homes, reducing the need for fossil fuel-based heating and cooling systems.
- LED light bulbs: LED light bulbs use up to 80% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and last up to 25 times longer.
- Smart thermostats: Smart thermostats allow you to control your home’s temperature remotely, adjust it based on your schedule, and even learn your preferences over time.
- Energy efficient appliances: Energy Star certified appliances are designed to use less energy and water, which can result in significant savings on your energy bills.
- Insulation and weatherization: Proper insulation and weatherization can keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, reducing the need for heating and cooling systems.
- Solar water heaters: Solar water heaters use the sun’s energy to heat water for your home, reducing the need for electricity or gas to heat your water.
Step By Step Guide of Distribution of
Home builders need to start planning their future home early. This also includes the choice of how many sockets belong in each room and where they are placed. Careful planning together with professional execution is a solid basis for ensuring that everything works later at the push of a button. Sockets that are forgotten or planned in the wrong places later lead to compromises in terms of convenience. Therefore, home builders should take a lot of time to distribute sockets and plan everything carefully – after all, it’s about their safety and convenience .
Sockets and Types of Sockets
A socket is basically nothing more than a connection between two electrical lines . The majority of the sockets are intended for power connections in the home and garden, but there are also models for antennas, telephones, networks and loudspeakers. The best-known representative is the Schuko socket . Schuko stands for protective contact, as these sockets use a third pole on sockets and plugs. The function of the protective pole is to establish a conductive connection before the live wires come into contact.
The following types of sockets are available:
- Schuko socket with child protection : Protect children from electric shocks (further information in the last section).
- Schuko socket with hinged lid : The lid closes automatically when the plug is pulled out.
- Schuko socket with surge protection : Is necessary for expensive and sensitive devices such as computers and hi-fi systems.
- Water-protected Schuko socket : They have a flap so that moisture and water cannot penetrate.
- Telephone socket : Telephone sockets have three connection options for telephone, fax machine and answering machine.
- Network socket : In every modern new building, a comprehensive data network is built and network cables or fiber optic cables are integrated in the walls. All devices in the house can be networked via these sockets.
- Antenna socket: Is available for cable and satellite and allows connection for radio and TV .
- Loudspeaker connection socket: This socket can be used to connect loudspeakers throughout the house without having to lay cables.
Socket Planning in 6 Steps
- Make a sketch with the shell, rooms and furniture. Think room by room where furnishings will be. The exact location is not absolutely necessary, but you should know roughly where later …
- the hi-fi system should stand
- which wall the TV will be on
- in which corner the computer table is located
- Now you have to consider how many sockets are required . Anyone who owns a multimedia system with five devices also needs five sockets at this point. You can always retrofit with power strips , but these are not ideal for invisible cable management. Therefore, it is better to plan more sockets than too few.
- If you are not yet sure where the multimedia system will be, you should plan five sockets at the possible locations for safety. So you are flexible enough when planning.
- Sockets are generally in good hands in the corners of the room . They should be placed about 30 centimeters from the adjacent wall.
- In habitable rooms such as bedrooms, children’s rooms and living rooms, additional sockets should be found in the diagonally opposite corner of the room. In the guest toilet or storage room, an outlet is usually sufficient.
- Home builders should install sockets with three-phase alternating current in the basement, garage or in the hobby workshop. With a power of up to 400 volts, devices can also be operated that have higher voltages.
Electrical Outlet Covers
Home builders can already use shockproof sockets with child protection when planning. Upgrade everyone else. A socket fuse can be installed in all Jung brand sockets to protect babies and children. Babies crawl through the apartment at an early age and explore their surroundings. Unfortunately, they are not afraid to reach into sockets, which is of course life-threatening for them. Several different models are available: some fuses are glued into the socket, others are screwed in. Optionally, you can replace the entire socket with a model with child lock .
Home Improvement Energy Efficient Power
Jackery Portable Power Station:
Explorer 240, 240Wh Backup Lithium Battery, 110V/200W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, Solar Generator (Solar Panel Not Included) for Outdoors Camping Travel Hunting Emergency
Highly rated, well-priced products under $50, Between $50 and $100
1)- USB Wall Charger, Surge Protector, POWRUI 6-Outlet Extender with 2 USB Charging Ports (2.4A Total) and Night Light, 3-Sided Power Strip with Adapter Spaced Outlets – White，ETL Listed
- View On Amazon
- Multi-function USB Wall Outlet: 2 USB fast charging ports, 3-sided Power Strip, with 6 Adapter Spaced Outlets, and LED night light around the edges. Taking the place of a standard socket, but instead offering you many more plugs. Can be used in any room or public areas indoor. Save space with unique 3D design.
- Wide space: 6 AC outlets built-in 1680 Joules surge protector with 2.1 inches long space in between, larger than standard 1.5-inch socket. Larger spacing makes it easier to use for all kinds of equipment. 2 Smart USB ports (Total 2.4A) can charge your smart device quickly.
- Smart Night Light: With Dusk-To-Dawn Sensor, automatically turns on only when ambient lighting becomes insufficient. With touch sensor, three levels of adjustable brightness let you choose the right amount of light for your own needs. You could also choose to turn on/off the nightlight manually.
- Reliable Surge Protector Circuit: POWRUI 3 level complementary Surge Protector Circuit which composed of TVS (transient voltage suppressor), MOV (metal oxide varistor), GDT (gas discharge tube), with minimum 1680J energy absorbing capacity, could protect your devices much more quickly and reliably than other brand’s 1 level MOV(metal oxide varistor) Surge Protection Circuits.
- Our After Sale Service: ETL Certified，Our friendly and reliable customer service will respond to you within 24 hours. You can purchase with confidence, with our 30-day return and 12-month replacement .
2)- International Travel Adapter Universal Power Adapter Worldwide All in One 4 USB Perfect for European US, EU, UK, AU 160 Countries (Blue)
- View On Amazon
- ★INTERNATIONAL COMPATIBILITY – Smart travel adapter with US/EU/AU/UK plugs covers over 160 countries such as America, UK, Europe, Australia, USA, Italy, Japan, China, France, Africa, Sweden, Singapore, Netherlands, Portugal, American, etc. Small and lightweight european travel plug adapter, perfect for your worldwide travelling. NOTE: IT DOES NOT CONVERT FROM 220V TO 110V OR VISE VERSA! And PLEASE DON’T USE IT TO CHARGE THE DEVICES WHICH POWER IS HIGHER THAN 1500W!
- ★SMART USB CHARGING 5 DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY – International power adapter with 4 usb slots and 4 AC sockets can charge 5 devices at the same time. The travel adaptors with smart chip can automatically charge most of devices, compatible for iPad, iPhone, Android, digital camera, laptops, MP3, etc. NOT for high-power appliances such as conair hair dryers, hair straightener.
- ★POWER RANGE – AC 100V-250V, MAX 6.3A output. 2400mA 5V 3.4A 4 usb worldwide travel charger. 4 AC power plug sockets – Output: 630W at 100v, 1500W at 240v. High power universal travel adapter all in one offer you a safer and efficient charging for your devices.
- ★SAFETY CERTIFIED – Travel plug adapter with 6.3A fuse, FCC CE ROHS certified safety system, surge protection, children’s electric shock protection, plug lock and built-in safety shutters to protect you and your devices from external shock and short circuit when charging.
- ★ Perfect european plug adapter. No matter what questions or comments you have, please feel free to contact us at any time. Just simply go to the order page and send us a message. We’ll solve problem for you at the first time.
3)- CRST 16-Outlet Heavy Duty Metal Power Strip, 15-Foot Power Cord / 15 Amps / 1875W for Office, School (UL Listed)
- View On Amazon
- AC 15A 125V 60Hz 1875W Electrical rating allows to directly plug in all commercial, home and office devices
- 16 outlet design wherever needed. 15-foot heavy Duty grounded power cord (SJT 14AWG/3C)
- Sturdy all-metal extruded aluminum housing stands up to demanding environments
- UL/CUL listed 100% Lifetime warranty.
- 12 Months limited warranty for peace of mind.
4)- Samlex SEC-1235M Desktop 30A Switching Power Supply, Advanced switch-mode technology, Reliable power with minimum weight and size, Circuit innovations minimize output voltage ripple and RFI
This high efficiency UL-60950-1 approved AC-DC power converter provides a highly regulated output DC voltage of 13.8 Volts at 30 Amps with an AC input of 120 Volts, 60 Hz (230 Volts, 50 Hz possible by internal jumper setting). These advanced switch-mode DC power supplies were designed specifically for land mobile radio applications. The power supplies produce clean reliable power and are highly filtered to suppress RFI. The unit comes with front panel ammeter and voltmeter and a detachable power supply cord with NEMA 5-15P plug. Features include over-load, short-circuit, and over-temperature protection. The AC-DC power supply conforms to FCC Part 15(B), class B digital device.
5)- CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower
- View On Amazon
- 1500VA/900W Intelligent LCD Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System
- 12 NEMA 5 15R OUTLETS: (6) Battery Backup & Surge Protected Outlets, (6) Surge Protected Outlets safeguard desktop computers, workstations, networking devices and home entertainment equipment
- MULTIFUNCTION LCD PANEL: Displays immediate, detailed information on battery and power conditions, including: estimated runtime, battery capacity, load capacity, etc
- AUTOMATIC VOLTAGE REGULATION (AVR): Corrects minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, thereby extending the life of the battery
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY ? INCLUDING THE BATTERIES, $500,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee and FREE PowerPanel Personal Edition Management Software (Download)
Article picture: © OLEKSANDR ROZDOBUDKO / Shutterstock
This article is updated in Janruary 03, 2023.
https://momydady.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links.