Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace. Christie Brinkley
Most Common Teenage Slang Words 2019
Slang is the informal teenage language that is more popular in speaking than in writing. It is the new way of speaking of the young that has been quite a trend for a few decades. It consists of a vocabulary often times unknown to the elders. The slang is created by sometimes recycling the old words, making abbreviations or giving new meaning to the already existing words . Some of these slang examples have found their way into the English dictionaries. There are also dictionaries for slang language available online. This is the way languages are revolutionized. Who knows that the words we call slang today may become part of the regular English someday and may come into writing as well.
Here is a list of some most common slang words used everyday and also trending among teens now a days. This may help the parents to decipher the foreign language of their teenagers and not be in a state of total disillusionment.
Teenage 2019 Slang Words New List:
- Sus: means suspect or suspicious.
- Fam: This slang is shorter form of word family. Mostly used represent close friends and family.
- Bruh: It is a slang to call bro or brother.
- Glow Up It means upgrade appearance to a better version and enhance looks.
- OG: it means original gangsta. But it is used for someone who is quite popular and famous among the group or at school. It is used in a positive way as a sign of respect.
- Throw shade: its meaning is quite opposite from its literal one. It means to disrespect someone.
- Jelly: it is to say “jealous.” not in a negative way but said as a compliment. It is quite outdated but still in.
- Bop It is typically used for good song like “jam.”
- Finna: it is a replacement for fixing to or going to.
- Roasted: this means to argue with someone verbally to the extent that they are somewhat defeated in your quick tongue battle.
- Lit: this means amazing or awesome, something that is exciting and wild.
- Thirst/ Thirsty It is to represent “wanting to have s*x” Like: “Sara is so thirsty for Jack it’s weird.”
- Fierce When someone is looking so beautiful and powerful at the same time then this word is used to describe that feeling. Like “Oh my gosh Amy was so fierce in the concert”
- Thicc It is latest slang came up and used to describe people having bigger body parts that are bigger than usual. Normally describes someone’s booty.
- Get Lit It is used to say “party hard”.
- QQ It is used to express crying. To show sarcastic expression.
- Finsta This is slang for “Fake account of Instagram”.
So from this list and info graphics, Parents need to know the trends in 2019 for Teen Slang Terms to Keep an Eye on. Fun and Harmless Teenage Slang are good but hurtful and personality destructive slang phrases should be checked.
This slang trend has been there since the 80’s. Teens are always known to invent their own code words and phrases that have today become slang and later added in urban dictionary. Some are abbreviations like LOL or YOLO whereas others are small phrases that have very different meanings like ‘eat my shorts’ or ‘kill me’. These practices are how the languages are revolutionized and progress.[Wiki source]
Slang words are being updated so frequently and new words become popular in communication on daily basis,so it is better to get more updated info regarding slang ghetto words from online dictionary, slang dictionary , Merriam-Webster Dictionary and Oxford.
https://momydady.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links.